Saturday 13 August 2016

Addiction

So as I completed the 3 courses in Yorkshire and battled unreal headwind I tried to take my mind off the pain of riding by thinking about my own and what seems like everybody else's addiction to mobile phones. As a side note, my score continues to reflect my handicap but I'm having an awesome time playing these amazing courses. I've just played Moortown and completed its par 5 in 4 shots. The members had a whip round and donated over £100 pounds which blew me away. The total is now over £1200.
It was while battling the wind that the addiction thoughts came to me. We have now become reliant on mobile phones for most of our daily chores. They bring with them more positives than negatives as they make a massive difference in how we function but I now think they are the biggest addiction we are engaged in. Imagine for a moment that a mobile phone is a bag of cocaine and that every action of using one is the same as sniffing a line. You arise from bed and before you have made your breakfast you have done a line. After breakfast and before you get to work you do a few more. Once in work you constantly check the phone either when it beeps or not, more lines. This pattern continues through the day until you get home when you probably do more lines than ever. Repeat this daily and the addiction is confirmed. Now a lot of the lines have benifits but how many are just simply the addiction of interacting with the phone. I would suggest more are just pointless lines to keep you engaged (high). Go down any street and now imagine all those people sniffing lines. Stand at a bus stop, go to a supermarket or just stand in a bar. What do you see? Now tell me we are not addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment