Sunday 31 July 2016

Putt and Pedal The Prologue....

It was while in New Zealand that I had the idea for Putt & Pedal. A charity tour mixing golf, cycling and camping. I had seen other people doing charity events but I had never heard of this being done. There are 14 courses that have hosted the British Open and quite a few that have hosted the Ryder Cup. All I needed would be 18 of them to agree for me to play one hole and this could arguably be the best round of golf in the country. My first task was to send out my request emails to the secretary's of the courses to find out who would be open to letting me play. I was amazed at the response. I think that out of 21 requests only 2 said no. It turned out I had more than the required 18 courses which was good because I could then plan various routes and choose the best one. There has been a lot of emails back and forth but now all the dates are agreed, the charity has been chosen and the train tickets purchased to get me to Kent.
My goal is to raise £1000 plus for Children with Cancer UK. The twitter and just giving accounts are active and I have been only local radio pushing it out. https://Twitter.com/@PuttandPedal123
www.just giving.com/PhillipGardnerPuttPedal
Text PUTT54£10 to 70070

I'm so excited to be playing one hole at 18 amazing courses. These are places where all the greats have been. So many stories and so much history that has been played out on TV screens all around the world and here I am cycling to each and playing a hole. If it goes well then I may try a US Open your at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment